Tuesday 10 March 2015

My first creation on Science

WALT: Today I am sharing my creation about continental drift, Pangaea Alfred Wegener, convection currents & Harry Hess. Firstly everything I've learnt has been made as a presentation which will soon be blogged.
Each slide of the presentation are facts about Alfred Wegener, Continental drift, Harry Hess, Convection currents and finally earth layers. I chose a presentation because I thought it would be neatly presented and easily done. By myself I found information or I learnt new information to do with my topic.

 Firstly I've learnt that our planet earth has 4 layers. Secondly convection currents in the mantle can make mountains or underwater sea volcanoes appear from the ground. Thirdly continental drift are when all the countries were once together and slowly separated from each other and are called Pangaea. Next Alfred Wegener was the man who discovered that the earth were united in pangaea, but nobody believed him everybody thought that there was a land bridge or countries sunk underwater. Lastly Harry Hess finished Alfred's job and explained to everybody that Alfred Wegener's information was the truth, telling that the sea floor was spreading because of the convection currents.

No comments:

Post a Comment